Jul 16 2012
U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) today congratulated five Utahns that will be representing the United States in the 2012 Summer Olympic Games. The Olympic Games will take place from July 27, 2012 – August 12, 2012, in London, England.
“Ten years ago Utah hosted Olympians from around the world for the 2002 Winter Games, and this year Utahns will be cheering on our friends and neighbors as they represent our country in the 2012 Summer Games in London.,” Hatch said. “I’m incredibly proud of these five great Athletes and representatives of our great country, and wish them well as they pursue their dreams this summer to become Olympic champions.”
The five Utahns representing the United States in the 2012 Summer Olympic Games are:
- Arielle Martin: Cycling- BMX (Hometown: Cedar Hills, UT)
- Jake Gibb: Beach Volleyball (Birthplace and Hometown: Bountiful, UT)
- Jillian Camarena-Williams: Track & Field (Residence: Provo, UT)
- Logan Tom: Volleyball (Hometown: Salt Lake City, UT)
- Shalaya Kipp: Track & Field (Hometown: Millcreek, UT)
For more information on the 2012 Summer Olympic Games, visit www.london2012.com.