Help with Federal Agencies

Thank you for contacting my office in regards to the problem you are experiencing with the federal government. I have made constituent service my top priority from the first day I took office, and I consider every concern brought to me of utmost importance. 

At this point, however, given the limited time remaining in my term and the volume of current cases that require immediate attention, effective October 1, 2018, I will no longer be taking new cases. This decision was not made lightly, but in the best interest of those who need help. Many cases take several months or even years to conclude, and I want your case to receive the attention it deserves. 

I have been in contact with each Member of the Utah Congressional Delegation and their staff members to inform them that they may receive new cases that will need their attention. I would suggest you either contact your individual congressional representative, or Senator Mike Lee’s office to find a resolution to your problem. Additionally, in 2019, the person who will be taking my place in the United States Senate will also be available to assist you. To ensure that you receive the quickest help possible, you will need to provide written information describing your request along with a signed Privacy Act Form Release that will be given to you from the office that you choose to contact.   

It has been the greatest honor of my life to serve you in the United States Senate.  I hope this information will be helpful to you as I continue to strive to serve you until the end of my term. 

Below is the contact information that you can use to pursue your case.  Please use the following website: to determine your Member of Congress.   

Senator Mike Lee 
Wallace F. Bennett Federal Building     
125 South State Street, Suite 4225   
Salt Lake City, Utah 84138              
(801) 524-5933            

Congressman Rob Bishop
Utah 1st District
1017 Federal Building
324 25th St.
Ogden, UT  84401
(801) 625-0107
Congressman Chris Stewart
Utah 2nd District
420 East South Temple #390
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
(801) 364-5550  
Congressman John Curtis             
Utah 3rd District
3549 No. University Ave.
Suite 275
Provo, Utah 84604
(801) 922-5400  
Congresswoman Mia Love
Utah 4th District
9067 South 1300 West
Suite 101 
West Jordan, UT 84088
(801) 996-8729 


State Government Issues

As your United States Senator, I have no authority to intervene in matters involving a state agency. Some of these matters include food stamps, Medicaid, child support payments, and insurance regulation. If you have a problem involving a state agency, you should contact the Office of the Governor of Utah at (801)538-1000. Also, you may contact your state senator or state representative for assistance. Please go to to locate your state elected officials. You may also go to to find information on any state government agency.

Legal Matters

I also do not have jurisdiction in matters pertaining to civil or criminal cases.  This includes family court matters such as child custody, child support, and divorce issues.  Also, I cannot give legal advice or intervene in legal disputes, whether in civil court or criminal court.  If you need legal assistance, please call the Utah Bar Association at (801)531-9077.

Additional Resources

For your convenient reference, I have provided the following federal government agency links. While my office welcomes your inquiries, these websites may provide answers and assistance in resolving your problem.